Today I present you a small mystery question first: what do Kate Middleton engagement, Meryl Streep and Blake lively on the red carpet and a friendly housewife from detergent advertising common? Answer: They all wear a wrap dress! That so many women of completely different style and age when completely draw different occasions on a wrap dress, says almost all. Because the wrap dress is a real all-rounder. No wonder, then, that so many women like to wrap can be by this fashion classic. Reason enough to take a closer look at this basic, which is highly appreciated by fashion experts as Figure wonder again.
Where does the wrap dress?
The wrap dress saw the light of day in the 70s. It has invented the Belgian-American designer Diane von Fürstenberg. She wanted to create a dress especially for working women that accompanied her in the Office and is both elegant and comfortable. The first dress was made of soft falling, stretch silk Jersey, ¾-long sleeves, a very light issued skirt and a knee umspielenden hem. From the outset, it was offered in a wide variety of patterns and colors . Until today, there is the classic in a seemingly infinite variety of designs.
For which occasions is the wrap dress?
My question at the beginning of this article makes it already clear: the wrap dress can be on almost all occasions. Best you make an Lifestyle analysis and once set for what events in your life you really need your dress. Then you can better decide what material, what color, what patterns and what cuts basically for you come into question.
For your leisure time:
A wrap dress in a simple cotton or rayon Jersey, but also in a lightweight Poplin fabric, fit for all leisure activities. It is easy to wash and maintain and can accompany you on many occasions in the spare time. Choose your copy in bold colors or patterns and with your favorite skirt length according to color and style type, desire and mood.
For the Professional:
A wrap dress in high-quality silk Jersey or a covered in soft, lightweight wool and neutral, muted colors will accompany you at each Business meeting. You may access to more prominent patterns in creative occupations. The skirt length should be at least knee umspielend. And you should wear a variant with sleeves.
For social events:
If it is noble, is a wrap dress from wet shiny silk, silk taffeta, sequins, lace, or other precious materials. Depending on which occasion it is, and where you want to put a figurative accents, you can show more skin in the evening for décolleté, arms, or legs. For example, consider the possibility of skirts by the wrapping effect creates interesting leg slits – so have attracted and sexy at the same time! You must not remain in the classic colours for evening wear: the simple cut of your wrap dress, the daring may your color choice fail.
What can you combine with wrap dresses?
Also in the collection of outfits, the wrap dress shows impressive variable.
- Depending on the individual style of the wrap dress does fit in a shorter, fitted Blazer as well as a Cardigan, a leather or denim jacket or a coat.
- In winter, you can attract even a thin Turtleneck among them, to wear opaque stockings and knee-high boots.
- Also, you can combine wrap dresses to narrow pants – so to speak as a replacement for a long jacket or a short coat -.
- The dress looks good – depending on the occasion and weather – summer wedges and sandals, with airy Sling-backs or classic closed pumps, booties or boots. Some women help ballerinas and flat sandals in her spare time likes to. This is possible if you have short legs , the waist of the dress is slightly higher or the skirt is slightly longer cut.
- And what about accessories? Particularly pretty to the wrap dress, I find a necklace that calls attention to the deep V-neck or flashy earrings, which make the neck of the wearer in addition long. Some models have not been with a strap you can wear even a belt. Choose the case fit the occasion: casual Hobo bag, about classic shoulder bag in Chanel style up to the clutch, anything is possible.
You see, the usage – and a wrap dress combinations are virtually limitless. This makes the dress definitely shortlisted one if you want to add a dress to your Base coat .
In the next posts, I have compiled tips for you, How to choose the perfect dress for your figure type and what you purchase can be aware. But it later more.
Now I would like to know from you: do you have already a wrap dress in the closet or want to pick up one? On what occasions do you wear it? Or have any other questions about dress? Then write a comment yourself! I’m looking forward to your suggestions.
Polka Midi Ruffles Wrap Dress – likemary
Nursing Dresses and Skirts
White Party Dresses Ideas
Short sleeve pink dress by Vila Clothes
1000+ images about Clothes and Shoes on Pinterest
Adidas Orginals Skater Skirt Top With All Over Typo Print …
Sew Over It
Band Of Outsiders WRAP SKIRT Skirts
15 Wrap Skirt Patterns and DIY Wrap Dresses …
Look seriously chic in this crepe fabric black maxi dress …
Lovely Black Dress – Wrap Dress